Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Leaves and roots

I invited Tanya to the farm today. I picked her up after school. We planted short rows of seed alternating spinach and lettuce with carrots and onions. I used carrot seed from 2004 and 2005. They were sent in envelopes requesting World Vision donations so I don't know what variety they are. The spinach is Olympia and the onions area White Bunching by Lilly Miller. The lettuce is Super Gourmet Salad Blend by T.S.C.

Yesterday I planted some pea seed I had put to soak this past week end. The peas were starting to sprout. I planted Green Arrow bush shelling peas and Sugar Snap climbing peas by Botanical Interests.

I saw two pea sprouts and a few sprouted peas lying on top of the soil in the spot where I planted peas on Saturday the 14th. I pushed the peas back in the ground.

No comments: