Friday, March 20, 2009

Peat Pots take over spare room

I discovered how easy using peat pots is. Now I have the urge to buy more peat pots and plant all my own vegetable and flower starts instead of buying them from nurseries. I presently have 100 peat pots sitting on various plastic trays and tubs in my hobby room. I planted a whole package of Single Trailing Nastrutium seeds (33), 12 Virginia Stock, 12 Lucullus Swiss Chard, 12 Bright Lights Swiss Chard, and 25 Holly Hock seeds. If I am successful in sprouting the seeds and keeping them healthy until planting, I will feel as though I have accomplished a great feat. I think I will use the remaining peat pots for flower starts but not get any more this year until I know I can successfully transplant starts in this manner. Another reason for restraining myself from buying for peat pots, is the fact that I don't know where to put any more trays of starts. My hobby room is a little crowded that the present, but every time I past the plant section in stores I get the urge to buy more peat pots.

No comments: